So many changes

Rae Ann had her baby yesterday morning! No official name yet, so we're all waiting patiently. The birth went well-Mom told me Rae Ann's a real trooper for having her at home. I was able to take Stella by yesterday to meet the new little girl. Stella wouldn't stop kissing and hugging (and at times smothering) the baby. She cried like crazy when Mom pulled her off of the baby.

Yesterday was a seriously crazy day!

[STOP. If you don't want to read all of this, you can jump down to the summarization part and get the Cliff Notes.]

I woke up at 3:30am from Mom's phone call telling me that Rae Ann was in active labor. I drove out to North Portland to pick up the bean and then drove us both back to Clackamas in Mom's truck (what a treat that monster is) where we slept for maybe two hours. Uncle Tim came by just before 8am to relieve me so I could go to work. I gave my two weeks notice at work, which almost broke my heart. I'm so tired of retail, but I love the people I work with, so it's with mixed feelings that I'm leaving Starbucks. After work I rushed back to my apartment, changed, and headed to a job interview, the second in two days, although not for the same job. One job would be from home, the second would be...well, it's just so confusing and too much information to put into words right now. Needless to say, one would be super convenient (scheduling assistant to a mutual/annuity fund wholesaler) and one would be, well, a normal job (document handler at a fabrication shop). Oh, I guess I do have the words.

After the interview, I raced back to my parents house and relieved Tim from caring for Stella. She and I played for a few hours and then I drove us back to Tom and Rae Ann's to meet the baby. Nate met us there and we all hung around for a few minutes. Mom had been there all night and all day helping with the birth and then cleaning everything once the baby was born. Nate and I left from Tom and Rae Ann's to drive up to La Center, WA, to sign the renter's agreement so that we could move into our house on Saturday. We sat around and chatted with Dave and Tiffani (friends and landlords) for awhile, took care of business, and then headed out around 10pm. AND THEN, we sat in traffic on I5 for like an hour! Sooooo irritating.

Finally we made it home. and here I am this morning battling the same allergies that got to me last night in La Center. So, to summarize:
1. there's a new kid around
2. I gave my notice at Starbucks-my last day is June 12th
3. Nate and I are moving on Saturday
4. I'll be starting a new job on the 13th of June

...and that's THAT!

No comments: