11.06.2006

New houses are lovely.


On Saturday, Nate and I joined his parents to view a house up on the hill off 152nd & Misty. It was so beautiful! And so BIG! And the view was incredible...On a sunny day it would be an uncompromised view of Mt. Hood. Because our camera has some odd quirks, I couldn't get the best photos of the place, but here are a few which are hopefully better than nothing.


The house has three floors and six bedrooms. The bottom level has one large room with a fireplace, and a back bedroom and full bath that adjoin both each other and the main room. Actually, there are three fireplaces throughout the house and the whole backside is covered in windows, all with an incredible view of Mt. hood. The house is on a peaceful street that reminds Karen and I of suburban San Francisco area. There will never be a house built behind this house; a patch of trees have been planted directly behind the house, and a pedestrian path passes by on one side. The street the house sits on pretty much ends at their house. You can tell that there are two sections where houses will eventually be built, but digging hasn't even begun. Oh, and a cool play structure is a short jaunt down the pedestrian path!



The main floor has a living room, dining room, kitchen, family room, full bath, and another bedroom. I forgot to mention that the bottom level has a deck which mirrors the deck attached to the main floor. The appliances are beautiful and oh-so-new and shiny. The island has the largest drawers I've ever seen...Very cool!

The upstairs has three bedrooms and a master, as well as two full baths. The master bathroom is enormous with a full window over the tub which, again, has a glorious view of Mt. Hood!







We're setting aside some time now in anticipation of helping them move!

6 comments:

Yi-Jiun Lin said...

Nice pictures! I envy you have a happy marriage! ^_^ I'm planning for getting married. So many things have to be handled. Well,I like your blog.

Stephen said...

I in no way take the Lord's name in vain when I say what first came to my head... Oh my God! I just talked to my dad today and he described the place to me, but oh my God. I want to be home so bad right now! I'm praying my heart out for this to happen. It'll be so great for them. AND CRAZY AWESOME!!!

rae ann said...

WHAT?! THEY'RE MOVING?! i just saw mrs. banks on sunday and she didn't say a word...! when???

which room will we get?

In The Potter's Land said...

Robin, it was so good to hear from you!! Your blog is amazing! I've been able to look through it and catch up a little on what you've been doing. Congratulations on everything!! I'm coming home for Christmas in the middle of December - we'll have to get together and catch up. Love you, friend! -Jo

*FARMERS* said...

not to sound negative (cuz i'm not trying to be)...but why do they need such a big house for just the two of them?

Anonymous said...

Robin, you could work in real estate. Your descriptions of the house are so wonderful! Perhaps we should mention the purpose of the house is a business opportunity, a one year contract offered by a generous friend. A stinking awsome one year if it works out...