8.09.2009

a whole list of random things

First, Hazel trying to feed herself. Yeah, she's not the best at it yet! It's going to take some time for her to get "big" bottles figured out. Anytime I try to show her how to hold the bottle, she freaks out and throws her hands out to the side, letting go completely.

We visited with Rae Ann and the girls a little while ago, and I turned my back for one second and Rae Ann had Hazel in this position, showing her to Mr. Jensen on the other side of the fence. Had to memorialize the moment with a picture, just had to.

The Volvo ended up in the shop for about a week not too long ago. It decided to randomly quit running, so we sent it in to get fixed, oh and to get the air conditioner working so Hazel and I could go places during our triple digit heatwave. When I got the Volvo back from the shop, I put Hazel's mirror back up so I could see her when I was driving. It was as though she'd never noticed it before. Suddenly she's her own best friend, dancing for herself, laughing uproariously, and watching herself slyly from the corner of her eye. I tried my best to get a picture of the joy she brings herself. I wish it was clearer...

Nate and I celebrated our four year anniversary on July 22nd. We sent Hazel to spend the evening with Nate's parents and went out for dinner and a movie, one of our favorite things to do together.

Are you tired yet of my crappy phone pictures? I just confiscated the camera and phone cord from Nate's office, so better pictures are coming soon!

I had some allergy testing done recently - I've needed to get it done for the last few years, actually, but I just got the okay from my midwife. Of course the results were inconclusive after two hours of testing. Yes, it's true - I have to go back and do it all over again, but next time I have to take the fruit with me so they can poke it and then me. Great. Just peachy.


Okay, that's it for now. I have more to share with you - since it's been so long since my last post. Apologies, apologies.

No comments: