9.03.2007

Baby Banks Update

So things are going well! I'm praying very hard that my morning sickness is good and over by this Saturday. Week 13 officially begins on Thursday, and I really need to be done with throwing up in the morning by Saturday because, well, that's the date of my first BSF (Bible Study Fellowship) leader's meeting. I have to get up by 4:45am in order to eat and get ready to make it to the 6am meeting. Feel free to pray along with me that week 13 marks a marvelous change in this pregnancy! Baby and I both appreciate your prayers :)

Nate and I have chosen a Nurse midwife as our pregnancy/labor caregiver. Her name is Peggy and she's fantastic! She's a believer, which has been such a comfort. She's been so encouraging as we've talked through all the changes and flat out weirdness that comes along with pregnancy. The first time I met with her, about five weeks ago, we couldn't get the heart beat to come through on the sound monitor, so we had to do an ultrasound. The baby moved! It was crazy...

Crazier still is the fact that Nate and I will be going into her office in five weeks to find out the sex of the baby...It's nuts that we're already to that point. We still have no idea what we're doing, really. I think we've made a nursery decision, though! Our bedroom is enormous, with a bed nook, sitting room, and extra large bathroom that just keeps on going. Nate had the fabulous idea that we should put our bed in the sitting room area and turn the bed nook into the nursery. That will probably work really well for quite awhile, but when we need to change things around, my office will suffice as a nursery once we move all the books into the bed nook and make it a reading room. My husband's the smartest of them all :)

Before I sign off, any guesses on the sex of the baby???? Feel free to comment :)

We'll keep you updated as we learn more! Blessings on you all!

3 comments:

Stephen said...

I don't want to guess for fear of you thinking I prefer one over the other. I'm just flat out excited! I can't think of a better reason to come visit home than to meet my new niece or nephew. Glad to hear things are going well. I'll be praying for your morning sickness.

P.S. Sorry I've been so bad about my blog. As time goes on and more things happen (i.e. Portland, two weddings and a move) the more monumental the task of updating seems.

Jenni said...

I think it'll be a boy. I don't know why, but I just see you as being the mom of a boy more than the mom of a girl, at least at first. You can have a girl after the boy...

Anonymous said...

I think you're destined to have a girl. You are one of 2. Your sis has two. Your cuz has 2. It's gotta be. Ariel, Felicity, Stella, Ivy, and .....

Break the chain. Be different.