6.27.2008

Whoops.

I wish I had some pictures to post of the bruises and rug burns I have right now from falling down the stairs the other night...but on the other hand, no lasting evidence of my clumsiness is probably best.

I don't even know what happened. People keep telling me to slow down when I tell them about falling down the stairs, but I wasn't speeding! I took two steps and then my feet were no longer under me. I slid down six or seven steps before stopping at the landing. If an off-balance pregnant lady has to fall, it's best to do it that way rather than head over heels, I suppose.

Not too long after that I climbed into bed and cried and laid around with my hands on my stomach willing my baby to move around. Nate came into the room and laid down with me and tried to talk sense into my freaked out state. He put his hand on my stomach (Yes, he did. And I didn't throw it off, but that doesn't give license to free stomach grabbing! He's my husband, so he has a bit more to qualify him to touch my stomach.) and he felt the kid moving around...a first for him!

We're beyond butterfly movements with this little one - it's now full on kicks. The kid is gaining strength daily, it seems. And we find out on Tuesday what we're having! ACK!

5 comments:

GrannyNanny said...

Oh my gosh -I'm so glad you and baby are okay!

TG's Mom said...

The clumsiness will only get worse as the pregnancy moves along...so be careful. I can't tell you how many tables and walls I ran into. I'm so happy to hear that this little one is kicking you harder and harder!

Anonymous said...

WHEW--glad you're all okay.

rae ann said...

i can't even begin to tell you how many times i fell down the stairs in our holman st. house when i was PG with lulu. it happened all the freakin' time! the clumsiness also extended to sharp objects, general balance and depth perception. get ready- it's an 'exciting' ride. maybe invest in some good padding....

dutchlvr said...

I have my bum...I think it might suffice :)