2.05.2008

Birthdays

So, my 25th birthday was in December, and Nate's 28th was just this past month. I had a plan in my head about how I wanted to celebrate his day with him - it just happened to end up that everything was, well, free!

We started out by going to coffee, which the Dutch Bros. guy gave us because it was Nate's birthday (actually, he gave Nate his and mine was free because we'd filled in all the little boxes on our punch card). We went to dinner at the Olive Garden and used a gift card that Nate's grandparents had given us for Christmas. We went to a movie ("Cloverfield"...craziness) and used tickets I had given Nate for Christmas. And then we ended the night at Papa Hayden for cheesecake and coffee, and used money that Mom and Dad had given me for Nate's traditional birthday cheesecake...I think the fact that everything was free was Nate's favorite part of the whole day.





Rick and Karen took us to dinner to celebrate Nate's birthday on the following Friday night. And guess where they took us - Nona Amelia's, only the best restaurant ever! The last time I ate there was four years before, when Nate took me for my 21st birthday. Don't worry - the spaghetti portions haven't diminished at all. I ate spaghetti for the next three days. It was awesome!

After dinner, we went back to Rick and Karen's and watched some TV with them. And Nate tore into a package from Ricky. He included two presents, one for Nate and one for me. Ricky, we love them! Thank you! The shirt fits me wonderfully, but Nate will have to get his ears pierced before he can really appreciate your gift...



Can you believe it? February is here already and March is just around the corner...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your haircut!!!! :-)

*FARMERS* said...

so cute! i of course already knew all about his birthday celebration, but the pics were nice to see. i miss you tons and hope you are doing good...not staying TOO busy. tell nate we said hi and miss him too! :) talk to you soon!

Anonymous said...

Oh! I loved reading your catch-up blogs! I don't get much free time to read blogs, but I'm nursing a migraine tonight and decided the only thing that would make me feel better would be getting caught up on my blog-reading. I was a little confused at first - since I thought I had read posts from January already, and then here are some Christmas stories, but I kept on reading and finally realized you were "catching up" once I got down to the last post I had seen... :) The pictures are wonderful. Let's get together soon, I miss you!

Jeff and Necia said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Nate! Sorry to miss your surprise party, but glad that Jeff still got to make it.

Hope all is going well for the two of you. Dinner sometime??? It has definitely been long enough - let me know when the two of you are free.

Blessings!
Necia