10.28.2008

Applesauce!

So I wasn't able to make the trip to Parkdale in Hood River this year because of bedrest, so Mom and Dad had to go on behalf of Nate and I. Don't worry, though - the orchard didn't have what we wanted so Mom and Rae Ann went back the following week. That's a LONG trip, especially to have to make twice.



But we finally got our apples! Slowly but surely I've been working my way through the boxes to dehydrate the pears and cook down the apples. This year I'm using Elstars for the applesauce and spicing them up with pumpkin spice. My batches have been pretty tasty so far! And the dehydrated pears - YUM. Cascades are excellent for dehydrating.



Stephen thought he'd hang out with us a couple Sunday's ago. Well, he got roped into helping peel and dice apples. He and Nate were actually quite helpful - and I'm sure the football game that we kept on was a huge part of why they stayed put at the kitchen nook table...Tis the season, right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooohh, yum! I love homemade applesauce! Maybe someday I'll try my hand at it.