9.17.2009

Mt. View Orchards, Parkland, OR

For the last few years, Nate and I have joined Mom and Dad on their annual trip to Hood River for apples and pears. I love Fall. And I especially love apple season. I love dehydrating pears and making applesauce - it's a key element to my Fall traditions.



Over Labor Day weekend, we wanted to do something new with Hazel, so we decided to drive to Hood River. We left just in time for Hazel to take a nap on the drive there, which of course she didn't. We found the orchard Mom and Dad like, and we found they had peaches and pears. Wahoo! I loaded up a couple bags for Hazel's baby food supply.



The anticipation of our next trip is almost unbearable - we go again in just a few weeks for apples and Cascade pears. I'm so excited, I just can't stand it! After apple season, it's time for the pumpkin patch, and then harvest decor, and then wassil and pumpkin spiced candles, and then November with Hazel's birthday, Thanksgiving, Tree Killing...and then December! It's just too much excitement!

No comments: